There are no mistakes only opportunities for embellishments!

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

On Board Journal...jr

So simple yet what a fun impact. I made this for my dear sweet friend and birthday twin. The base is a cute 5x5 art journal (108495, $6.95) the pages filling it are very vanilla card stock so it is easy to add pages that match up perfectly. Also it is perfectly sized to use the fun spiral punch. hehe I love having the fun tools to make my cute projects. On this one since I wanted her to be able to use it for her journaling and pics and memories from her European vacation (can you believe she left me in boiling hot Fresno to go to Europe over our birthday!). This is a great size to throw in your purse or backpack so you can grab it to jot thoughts down anytime, you know like that ah ha moment you had that you can 't remember now, ah the fleetings of my little brain. I opted to leave the inside blank as well as the canvas on the front. Stamping on canvas is a great look I just wanted it to be personal for her. And yes, I did thread the ribbon through the button and tied it. The Taffita ribbon is nice and light weight ribbon so it makes this kind of thing quite easy. Have fun with your next project challenge yourself a little and just remember....There are no mistakes only opportunity for embellishment!

No comments:

Post a Comment