Thursday, May 14, 2009
For my inaugural post I am introducing my award winning bakery bag. I know I know you are soo excited you can't stand it. Take a couple of nice slow breathes so you don't pass out. Okay now that you are back I will give you a little background on this project.
I am a firm believer in finding inspiration everywhere! I don't know if I have just conditioned myself to make it so but I can find an idea for a stamp project just about anywhere. Maybe that will be a fun challenge for later. So I saw the cutest demi baguette in the grocery store and even though it was more expensive to buy then the full size one I had to have it! So after enjoying the baguette and some great cheese with my hubby I started looking at the bag that it came in. And darned if I couldn't make one out of a 12x12 piece of DSP! Throw in a transparency and some embellishments and Abracadabra. I will follow with the steps that make up the Abra and the Cadabra so you can make your own. I would love to see what you do with this!
Any Designer Series paper: 10"x12"(I used Urban Garden)
Medium Window Sheets: 3"x11" (I also use transparency they work great for this and a cheaper)
Sticky Strip (104294, I use this for the bottom flap, there is more pressure on that joint)
Bone Folder/Scoring Blade
1. Score Designer Series paper vertically at 1-1/2", 2-1/2", 3-1/2", 7", 8" and 9"
2. Remove excess paper from bottom according to pattern (I will email you one just message me). This will reduce bulk when you make the final fold in your bag.
3. Crease score lines using bone folder. Fold score lines at 2-1/2" and 8" inward and all other score lines outward creating an accordion fold.
4. Adhere window sheet to opening between right and left accordion folds.
5. Crease bottom score line using bone folder, and adhere using Sticky Strip.
6. Decorate bag as desired.