There are no mistakes only opportunities for embellishments!

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

On Board Birthday Allbum


I just finished this project. It is a birthday album/ sign in book for my mother-in-laws mom's 90th birthday. I cut the pages to size and set them on the tables at the party we left spots for the pictures to go and let the guests at the party sign the pages. I can 't wait to get all the parts together.
This is one of the new albums Stampin' Up brought out with the latest catalog. I am soooo loving it! It is a 3 ring chipboard album it holds page protectors that fit a 8 1/2 x 8 1/2" scrapbook pages! Ingenious! trim a 8 1/2 x 11 sheet down and you have a nice size to work with.
Paper
Urban Garden Designer Series Paper, 112042

Accessories

On Board Album, 112456
Eyelet Border Punch, 113692
Basic Gray Taffeta Ribbon, 109064
Pretties Kit, 109114 (the beads at the bottom of the ribbon)
Modge Podge
Sponge brush
Sanding blocks, 103301

Instructions
Cut your DSP to fit the On Board Album ( I cut it just a tiny bit bigger then the cover the extra will come off in the sanding). I choose to layer so I cut the papers down and did the eyelet punch along the edge before I even opened my modge podge. Apply a layer of modge podge to your album and lay the paper on smoothing and making sure you didn't miss any spots or that the modge podge didn't dry too fast. Apply one side at a time then sand the edges to smooth off the exess and make it look like it was made to be that way. Repeat on all sides then add your layers but this time add the modge podge to the layer rather then the album this will keep you form having too much glue on your project. Sand all your edges again. I finished mine with the taffeta ribbon and threaded on the beads, the beads add a little bling as well as give a little weight to the bottom of the ribbon.

No comments:

Post a Comment